Friday, March 6, 2009

I know I'm not the first...

And I hope I'm not the last to make these beauties. Brookies some people call them. They are a combination of brownies and cookies. This recipes actually comes from the back of a bag of cookie dough believe it or not. I made this on my snow day this week, and they were enjoyed by people at work, Adam and I and Adam's classmates!

What you will need: ( though I am sure you can use all homemade products, I think I'll try this next time!)

One box of brownie mix, the kind with the chocolate pouch in it. ( I used dark chocolate mix)
One "pouch" of cookie mix.

You will mix the brownies as directed on the back of the box.



Then you prepare the cookie dough as directed on the pouch, then drop the cookie dough into the brownie dough. Slightly press down.



Bake at 350 for 35-40 min, until you get a clean tooth pick. Let them cool completely, probably about an hour.


The recipe on the bag of cookie dough says ice then with chocolate icing, but I did what Bakerella did and made a chocolate ganache.

To make the ganach you will need:

12 OZ chocolate chips
3/4 cup heavy cream ( hey no one said these were GOOD for you, just GOOD)
6 Tbsp butter

In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage.
Pour over the chocolate morsels.
Let stand about 20 seconds and stir until smooth.
Pour over brownies and let set before cutting.

This is the final product, and I recommend sharing, because they are just to good not to. And people will think that you are amazing!!! Worked for me!;)
ENJOY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been dying to try this out since I spotted it on Bakerella. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete